• Delicious foods you won’t believe are Gluten-Free… Crepes, Muffins, Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Fluffy Pancakes, Pastries and To-Die-For Breads
• Four Course Gourmet Tasting Menu with Wine Pairings using local Farm-Fresh ingredients
• Italian Pasta Night with delicious ravioli, garlic bread and decadent desserts
• Pamper yourself with massages, steam room, yoga/dance workshops, outdoor hot tub, the most beautiful Vermont scenery you can imagine, and a beautifully restored and renovated property built and used as a general store in the 1840's.
• Backyard Cookout with Live Music, Gluten-Free Beer Tasting, Smores and BBQ Classics
• Cooking Demos with Professional Chefs
• Day at Echo Lake with Kayaking, Sunning, Swimming, Fried Chicken Picnic
• Take a break and toast to your health at our signature Un-Cocktail Party with delicious healthy tonics and nutrition experts to answer all your wellness related questions
BeWellLiving.com brings together a dedicated group of wellness and lifestyle professionals to offer special discounts, events, and workshops.
LivGlutenFree.com features insightful gluten-free recipes, ideas, and recommendations written by chef & recipe developer, Olivia Dupin.
Itinerary – Subject to Change:
Thursday, June 16
* 1 pm Pick-Up in NYC on The Green Bus. 5 hour drive will include gourmet gluten-free snacks, delicious smoothies
* 6:30 pm (approx) Arrival at Good Commons where you are welcome to go relax in your cozy room, or have a dip in the Jacuzzi before dinner
* Opening Circle
Friday, June 17
* Morning Stretch and Fun Fitness Workshop
* Delicious Breakfast
* 1-hr Group Discussion with Wellness Expert
* Afternoon nature excursion
* Summer Cookout with Live Music, Classic BBQ Favorites
* Campfire and Gluten Free S’mores
Saturday, June 18
* Continental breakfast
* Morning Stretch and Fun Fitness Workshop
* Picnic lunch at Echo Lake (paddle boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.)
* Un-cocktail Party
* Gourmet Gluten-Free 4-course dinner with wine pairings or 'mocktails'
Sunday, July 19
* Light breakfast snacks
* Morning Stretch or Group Walk
* Hearty Brunch
* Snack and Dessert Demo (treats for the road!)
* Group Photo
* 2 pm departure for NYC
Special guests and Co-hosts: Amy Silverman
Olivia Dupin is a private chef and recipe developer. Since finding out she was Celiac in January 2009, Liv has been expanding her culinary repertoire to include gluten-free foods that are delicious, easy-to-make and affordable. You can follow her latest culinary adventures at www.livglutenfree.com.
Tesha Buss is the owner/creator of Good Commons. Raised on a dairy farm and doing back flips by the age of three, Tesha reached her childhood dream of becoming a Broadway performer, only to discover that a new dream---a retreat center to rest and revitalize--would soon reveal itself. She welcomes the revolving door of health and wellness professionals, artists, vacationers and more who seek to "be Good." www.goodcommons.com
Kristen Siebecker (wine consultant and sommelier) has been a great fan of viticulture and vinication since her first illicit sip of Boone's Farm wine beverage many years ago. More recently, she completed the Advanced Certification program from the WSET with distiction and studied Advanced Blind Tasting at the American Sommelier Association. Kristen's current favorite variety is Gruner Veltliner. She was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2007.
Good Commons was originally built in the 1840’s and operated as a general store. It has been lovingly renovated and restored and now features six bedrooms and a sleeping loft, six bathrooms, two living rooms, and a multi-purpose studio. The property features all of the modern amenities of one’s own home, while still creating a warm and inviting environment that honors the historical traditions that have characterized the house for more than 160 years.
$700 per private bedroom (non-shared)
$650/per person in shared bedroom (based on double or triple occupancy)
$550/per person in comfortable sleeping loft
- All meals and activities as outlined in itinerary
- Roundtrip and local transportation on the in-demand eco-friendly "Green Bus".
The Green Bus (www.greenbustour.com) community project has converted a school bus to run on bio-fuel. This is just one aspect of the overall project committed to empower people to become more conscious consumers and participants in building community.
Guests providing their own transportation will receive a $50 reduction on their weekend package.
The Green Bus will be leaving from 45th street between 9th and 10th in NYC at 1pm sharp on Thursday, July 16, 2011 and will depart from Good Commons at 2 pm on Sunday. Without traffic, the ride is typically approximately 5-5.5 hours.
An advance deposit of $250 is required to reserve your space on this retreat. All deposits are non-refundable. Balance must be paid by June 9, 2011.
REGISTER FOR THE RETREAT
photo credits: Carly Caryn, Vincent Crossley, Samuel Granado, Logan Lipton